Thursday, January 28, 2010

Inspiration for my "girl" room

Since we don't have children yet, and are planning to wait a couple more years, we have found other uses for the extra bedrooms in our new house! Daryl will have an office and I will have a craft room/library that will also serve as a guest bedroom. We are actually sleeping in my future room right now, but since we are planning on moving into our master bedroom next week I have started making plans! Here's some of the pics I'm inspired by...



Can you tell I'm hoping for easy conversion to a room for
a little girl at some point in the future?



My mother-in-law gave me this book for Christmas and I have gotten a lot of good ideas.




I don't love the colors of this pillow, but I'm seeing a new project in my future!

Again, I'm not in love with the colors, or the plaid really, but I love what they did with the knobs. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pic, but they're each covered with a piece of fabric and tied with a ribbon.



This might be my favorite idea, netting or some kind of sheer fabric gathered and tied on the wall below a chair rail. I never really liked chair rails before, but I think they're growing on me!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Daryl, my brother Bryant, and I are heading to Birmingham for my littlest sisters 1st birthday




1 comment:

  1. Such cute ideas! I know it is gong to turn out awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete